I’m certainly not a vegan, but when there are no eggs in sight and you can’t be bothered going food shopping, sometimes an egg free recipe is in order. I love brownies, and this recipe is so simple.
Even though it is egg, milk and butter free, it lacks nothing in taste or texture. Gooey, sweet and sticky, I’ll play vegan for these sweet treats.
2 cups plain wholemeal flour (unbleached if you are vegan)
2 cups white sugar
3/4 unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients, then stir in oil, water and vanilla. Stir till smooth.
3. Spread mixture evenly into a lined pan.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes for a gooey brownie. If you like your brownies a little crunchier, cook for a further 5 or 10 minutes.
5. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve!
So don’t be nervous when you see the word vegan, they’re just as tasty and ethically nommy.
Are you willing to try a vegan alternative?