Spring has sprung! The first few days of this month were absolutely stunning, but I think Winter was jealous of all Spring’s glory, so a grey sky and rain have been back with fury. Just means my Spring dresses are still in the cupboard and I’ve had a chance to rock my jeans. This fortnight has been busy, although I will admit I spent Saturday catching up on sleep.
I took two naps that day, my body was obviously telling me something. The highlights of my fortnight included a few birthday gatherings for my friend S, E’s nephew R and my lovely little sister. September is birthday month! I’ve eaten my way through some fantastic brunches (coming soon to the blog), featured on the lovely Sheryl Young’s blog Nevertheless, attended the VIP launch party for the Karrinyup Shopping Centre S/S14 collection and kept super busy at work. Telstra Perth Fashion Festival is on its way and I’m looking forward to checking out the free events in the city in the next few weeks. Crazy!
1. My gorgeous friends and I getting on it for S’ birthday celebrations.
2. Stunning Cherry Blossom in E’s sisters garden.
3. R’s 12th birthday cake – a skateboard home made by E’s Mum, talented lady.
4. Hanging out with Jenelle aka Inspiring Wit at the Karrinyup Shopping Centre Spring/Summer launch.
5. Free tickets to Lady Gaga with my friend K! Best night.
6. Weekend adventures to Hillarys Boat Harbour with my boo.
7. Cool new street art popping up in Vic Park.
8. Saturday night shots!
9. Happy birthday Little Sister!
10. Loving my new mason jar vase picked up at the Polka Dot Vintage Market.
11. Crema Brûlée coffee at The Sparrows Nest Cafe (read my review here)… Mmm.
12. Cute brunch dates at Harvest Espresso with E.
And lately I’ve been…
READING: Sappy summer beach read “The Summer Psychic” by Jessica Adams. I’m STILL reading it. I wish I had more time to read!
LISTENING TO: Paramore, Hudson & Troop and The Lumineers.
WATCHING: Big Brother. I’m addicted already.
WEARING: Whatever the Fox In Flats Style Dare is prompting me to wear! It’s a cool way to rediscover my wardrobe. Check my looks featuring prompts wood, straight, safari and red lips amongst others on Instagram now!
EATING: Michelle Bridges recipes for most dinners – we’re trying to be good! And new breakfast spots of course.
LOVING: All the great times we’ve had with our families of late.
HATING: The dodgy flu that got me down this week and having to miss a few fun Perth events.
BUYING: Gifts for family and friends, and new outfits for TPFF!
What are you listening to right now?