I’m writing this update from our new home friends. If you read my last life update my E was on the hunt for a new place, and here we are six weeks later in our “forever home”. What a whirlwind that was. More house stuff in a moment, but how have you all been lately? What is new? How beautiful is the sunshine? I’ve been pretty damn happy. A change is as good as a holiday, and being in our own home really is better than a holiday. E’s become an instant DIY queen. I don’t think I could count the amount of times we’ve visited Bunnings in the last couple of weeks. I even went alone to pick up a few things E had forgotten. Can I just say something – I can’t stand anything DIY (unless it’s beauty or jewellery making), building or handy man-ing. I do enjoy interior decorating and shopping for home wares, but that is as far as it goes on my end. E’s a machine though, we’ve only been here officially for two weeks and she’s already painted half the house. And I helped with one coat of one wall… Go me! Haha. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of house stuff to share in the future (including my brand new office being designed as we speak) so watch this space. Besides the house here is what else I’ve been up to lately.
1. Perth designer Poppy Lissiman launched her recent collaboration “Eye See You” with Atlas Pearls. Think Poppy’s signature evil eye splashed across gorgeous, feminine pearls. Such a beautiful juxtaposition between hard and soft. The event was held at the Atlas Pearls store in Claremont and I totally envy all of those who purchased Poppy’s creative pieces. Amazing! | 2. Colosoul Group’s resident fashion pack Fox Feet held their annual charity fashion show, this year titled ‘WA Born’. Featuring local designers and labels including Shop Goh, Hello Parry and JONTÉ, the event was the perfect way to kick off Telstra Perth Fashion Festival season. Held at the stunning Whipper Snapper Distillery, it was an action packed evening filled with stunning pieces, with all funds going towards Perth Zoo. Thanks to Ryan Ammon for this snap.| 3. I finally tried the goodness of Lunch Ladies Perth. You can read more about my experiences (two words – yum yum) over at OZEating WA where I contribute. Lunch is finally fun!| 4. Little Sister aged another year, which is the perfect excuse for food and drinks in the sun. We celebrated at The Garden in Leederville (here’s E & I enjoying the sun at Garden) and Duende a few days later, so we well and truly embraced her day of birth. Both restaurants have top menus, but I highly recommend the donut balls at Duende. Yum.
5. September really really birthday month! My friend C’s birthday fell the same weekend as my sisters so I had to party hop, but it was totally worth it because one, she’s great, and two, we feasted at Big El’s Latin American Fusion. Look at this cocktail goodness! | 6. Another birthday, this time my work friend K! Such a great, chilled out BBQ to celebrate her day. And I built a fire! WOOP WOOP! | 7. Karrinyup Shopping Centre went all out at Mosman Park Bowling Club in the name of all things activewear. The “Active Living Lunch” was all about hot to trot crops and tights, food for the soul and health and wellness. Karrinyup always puts on a great event. | 8. TPFF kicked off and I was lucky enough to score tickets to a few of the shows, the first being WA Designer Runway 1. More about the beautiful designs showcased here, but let’s stop to admire my lovely dress by Perth designer AVA. I felt like such a princess! Thanks to Petra from the label for the gorgeous clothes for the events.
9. New restaurant alert! Well, semi new anyway. Nasi Lemak Korner is a Malaysian food haven in Como serving authentic food at very good prices. The space is super cute but the food is even better. E and I recently visited and I can’t wait to get back! | 10. Another day, another TPFF event, this time WA Designer Runway 2. A full run down and pictures from the show here, but here is what I wore; Dangerfield. | 11. Bloggers Bloom Together, a collaborative project between fellow blogger Demelza Buckley and I held a mini coffee catch up at Koko Black in the city earlier this month. Besides the amazing sweet treats we devoured, it was so great meeting up once again with fellow creatives. Find Bloggers Bloom Together on Instagram. | 12. My faith was restored in The Imp cafe in Victoria Park. After a not so nice experience a few years back I gave it another go and my mind was changed! Every place deserves a second chance. Try the salmon on a home made English muffin. Mmm.
This month I’ve learnt:
1. It’s so good to detox your mind, body and soul for Summer. More here.
2. Perth is full of brilliant illustrators. More here.
3. Perth is also full of top designers. More here.
4. There are so many different kinds of friendships. What kind of friend are you? More here.
And lately I’ve been…
LISTENING TO: Alison Wonderland, George Ezra and old school Lily Allen.
READING: Blog after blog. No books at present but we go away very soon so I’ll have time to finish “Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” then.
EATING: The all new menu at Kitsch Bar. Asian corn fritters anyone?
LOVING: Frocktober. I’m rediscovering my wardrobe and getting a tan, as well as supporting an important cause.
BUYING: Bits and bobs for the house.
Tell me exciting things! What have you been up to lately?