Happy New Year! 2016 seems so bright and shiny and new and full of possibilities. This year already feels like it’s going to be a good one and we aren’t even a month in yet! The days are longer, the sun is brighter and there is so much going on right now! It’s almost my favourite time of the year – Fringe Festival, I’m back at work and even that seems tolerable at present and everyone is relaxed and calm post holidays.
Christmas break went by too quickly though. I spent the majority of it down south with my family and I can honestly say it was the best Christmas we’ve had in a long time! I scored the best present from E for Christmas, we’re off to Singapore in March! Yay! I’ve never been, so if you have any tips throw them my way. And we even managed to make it out after midnight on NYE which is pretty crazy since I’m an old granny these days! We brought in the new year with our gorgeous friends at a white party in Leederville. Who knew shopping for a white dress could be that painful, haha. Give me colour any day! All in all the past few weeks have been so much fun I feel calm and ready to take on whatever the next 12 months has to offer! Bring it on. Here’s a little snippet of what I’ve been up to lately.
1. Managed to squish in a pre-Christmas catch up with the gorgeous Su of Oyster and Pearl and Demelza of DemelzaBuckley.com. I love my blogger babes! Perfect excuse to wear a favourite AVA dress too! If you haven’t checked out Cecchi’s breakfast menu yet get your butt down to Inglewood now. It’s heavenly. 2. Tagged along with E’s family to Carol’s On The Foreshore. I can’t remember the last time I went to Carol’s By Candlelight and it was so gorgeous. I highly recommend going later this year, look at that view! 3. We grew this! It’s so fun noticing the efforts of your own garden. I love Frangipani’s! 4. Finally checked out Pixel Coffee in Leederville with my gorgeous friends L and V. You can read my review here.
5. Caught up with ex-Perth blogger (and now Sydney blogger) and my beautiful friend Ness of Nezuki while she was in town for Christmas. This girl is such a doll and I miss her! 6. Celebrated Christmas with my family in Manjimup – here’s the obligatory sibling photo haha. 7. Dying over my grandfather’s vege patch – garden goals! He and my grandmother are so passionate about it all. And guess who came back to Perth with a tonne of hand picked fruit and vegetables! This lucky girl. 8. Discovered a bit of Southern Region history. This building has been around since the 1800’s!
9. Holidays equal chill time. It was so good to just relax with E when I got back to the city post Christmas. This picture sums it up perfectly. 10. NYE with my ladies. Nanna’s night out! 11. Christmas present from Mum, she hand made this memory filled quilt for E & I. So precious. 12. Started a health kick post festive food binge. It’s the BuzzFeed 14 Day Clean Eating Challenge and I feel amazing already! Who knew clean food was so good! More on the cleanse coming soon to the blog.
This month I’ve learnt:
1. My top 20 blog posts of 2015 weren’t what I was expecting! More here.
2. Bendy Breakfast (outdoor yoga + food) is a must try for all you Perth kids. More here.
And lately I’ve been…
LISTENING TO: Coldplay’s new album.
READING: Room by Emma Donoghue.
BUYING: Vegetables galore for our detox, dresses at the op shops and a new blender!
EATING: See above.
WATCHING: Winners & Losers
LOVING: #everydaystyle with Styling You on Instagram, check out my daily looks here.
How was your festive period?