And like that, it’s already February! I have a feeling this year will speed by like last year did. Insert sad face Emoji. I know time flies when you’re having fun, but man, it’s flying. But February means it’s almost March and we’re off to Singapore then, so this month can go by quickly, that’s fine by me! January was a busy one, I’ve been out most evenings as it truly is event season and Perth has been alive with Fringe World, Summer style events and more. I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my life a lot too, especially work wise. A few things have come up that I could see myself doing but it’s so hard to decide what to do! Haha, my poor brain. No need to worry about that though, what’s meant to be will happen! Now here is what I’ve been up to this month.
1. E & I visited the Titanic Exhibition in the city earlier in the month. I love a little bit of history so it was super cool to see real artefacts from the ship, plus the real costumes worn by Kate and Leo in the film adaptation. It’s still on for another week so if you’ve not been yet it’s worth it! 2. My blogger babe Demelza Buckley and I attended Yelp‘s first event of the year, the Botanical Garden Party. It was such a great night, more about it and how to get involved with Yelp Perth here. 3. Fringe World’s newest venue “The Parrot House” is the perfect Fringe choice if you’re not too keen on city driving or parking in Northbridge or the CBD. With all different styles of shows, a bar and pop up burger joint, it’s a fabulous venue and I can’t wait to get back their next week! 4. E’s niece celebrated her first birthday. It feels like she was born yesterday, she’s so adorable! Of course we had to have a party, you’re only one once!
5. Took my first beach swim of the Summer (I’m so late I know). Unfortunately we don’t live anywhere near the beach so it’s a treat to pop down! Loved it. 6. More Fringe World, this time to see “Cabaret Queen” Amelia Ryan. She was brilliant. 7. I received this gorgeous framed quote by Perth crafty lass Steph of Steph Says Smile store this month. You can shop her cute, inspiring products via her Instagram or Etsy. 8. I was kindly invited to attend the #POOLSIDEResortShow at Matisse Beach Club thanks to The Studio. With looks from JONTÉ, Little Dove, Aurelio Costarella and more sashaying down the runway, the show was so Summer and so classy. Being me, I wore Target! Bargain lady right here.
9. Australia Day saw my gorgeous friend C officially become an Australian. This was my first citizenship ceremony and it was so lovely, I felt very proud to live here! 10. Finally visited the Northbridge Brewing Company, it’s been on my wish list forever! Such a cool location, friendly staff and heaps of tasty food choices. I was drooling when E’s Sloppy Joe arrived at the table – I’ll be ordering that one next time! 11. Summer sky, enough said. 12. Completed my first month of #everydaystyle with Styling You! What a challenge! You can check out my daily style posts via Instagram.
This month I’ve learnt:
1. Self reflection is very important, more here.
2. Girl power rules. More here.
3. Little Willy’s is definitely a go to for good food in Northbridge. More here.
And lately I’ve been…
READING: Sex In The City by Candace Bushnell
EATING: Cake at Manjimup’s newest eatery Tall Timbers (more here), homemade chia pudding and brunch at The Partisan, Betty & Daves and Finlay & Sons (reviews coming soon).
WATCHING: Ex On The Beach season 4. E and I are addicted!
LISTENING TO: The Rubens, Katie Costello, Disclosure, L D R U and MisterWives.
LOVING: Fringe World, spending time with my friends and upcoming travel.
BUYING: Work flats, boring!
What are you listening to this month? How did January treat you? What are you looking forward to?