Happy Friday! And the last Friday of the month, GAH! They say time goes faster as you get older but this is ridiculous guys. Christmas felt like yesterday! But the end of the month means we’re even closer to March, and (if you didn’t know) our trip away to Singapore in a few weeks. Cannot wait. E and I booked our accommodation the other day (which makes everything seem so much more real) and we’ve opted for a pretty central location not far from Orchard Road and Haji Lane. Of course we’ll be hitting up Sentosa Island, Universal Studios and Marina Bay, but the rest of the trip is pretty much a free for all. It’ll be so nice to just kick back, relax and explore Singapore at our own leisure. If any one has any tips on what to do, eat and see, please leave me a comment below!
In other exciting news this fortnight, a few weeks back I applied for a new position at work and guess what – I got it! I’ll be sharing the role with a colleague and friend of mine which will make it way more fun. A few extra dollars won’t hurt either. I love working at the hospital (most days) but change is always good. I can’t wait to learn again. I feel like I could do my current job blindfolded, so it’ll be so good to flex the brain and learn new things. I may have some night shifts with the new position (an emergency department never sleeps) so hopefully the blog won’t suffer due to lack of sleep. Here’s what else I’ve been up to lately.
1. My friend Cee got an awesome promotion so we headed out on the town for a bit of celebratory ladies night. My friends are the best. 2. A bunch of my gorgeous bloggy friends and I checked out Bites By D in Mt Hawthorn for high tea. The Mediterranean inspired menu is truly superb and those sweets… No words! 3. Wandering through Maylands. Sometimes I forget we used to live there. 4. I celebrated Chinese New Year with my good friend V and his partner and friends. I haven’t celebrated CNY in years so it was a pleasure to join in this year. These are FM’s homemade dumplings. Seriously amazing!
5. Caught a Simpson’s inspired Fringe show by comedian Yianni A at The Brisbane. If he’s ever performing it near you get along, my friend V and I laughed all the way. Nice to hang out at The Brisbane on a weeknight too. 6. E and I celebrated five years together and love this picture, she’s so silly. 7. Anniversary presents by The Little Posey Co. 8. We finally got to the The Lion King stage production at Crown Perth. What a brilliant performance and so theatrical. I absolutely loved it. If you’re yet to see the show and it’s heading your way make a night of it! You’ll not be disappointed!
9. Last weekend I headed out to Bendy Breakfast with my friends, this time held on the rooftop of Alex Hotel in the city. If you’re keen on joining outdoor yoga you can read more here. The location was stunning! 10. Saturday saw myself and a bunch of bloggers sail the high seas thanks to Malinda from The Style Within and The Boat Collective, a Perth party boat company. No better way to spend the afternoon. With a bar and dance floor on the boat it really was a little slice of paradise. 11. Sunsets in suburbia. I’m going to miss Summer. 12. I played along with Vanessa from Style and Shenanigan‘s #SNSColour style challenge on Instagram, as well as my #everydaystyle challenge with a Nikki at Styling You. More over on Instagram now.
This month I’ve learnt:
1. Chia Pudding is the perfect Summer breakfast recipe – more here.
2. You don’t have to go all out to keep up with the trends – more here.
3. Being comfortable in your skin is very important – more here.
4. Tanning at home can be so easy – more here.
And lately I’ve been…
READING: Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
WATCHING: “Girls” from the beginning prepping for the new season and The Real Housewives of Melbourne.
LISTENING TO: Julien Baker, BORNS, Tkay Maidza and BLOSH.
LOVING: Upcoming holidays.
BUYING: Gifts for family and friends!
What have you been up to lately?