It feels good to be writing again. Last week was one of those weeks when I felt like I couldn’t even jot a sentence down. My mind wasn’t on the blog. It was focused on surviving work on multiple cups of coffee. It was focused on cooking nutritious meals to get us through the week. It was focused on sticking to my budget and keeping tabs on where I was spending. I was focused on living. Mundane as it may seem, sometimes the everyday has to come first. Eating well, working hard and spending time at home regrouping and refocusing. A week away from the blog did me wonders actually. My mind is clearer, I got to bed earlier than usual as I wasn’t up writing until the wee hours keeping up with the blog schedule, and I feel more motivated coming into a new week. Sometimes you’ve got to step back and catch up for yourself and your head. It helps, trust me!
I also had a bit of a realisation this week. I had wondered why I was feeling so bleh in my head about things. Not bad, just different. Like my priorities were on things they normally wouldn’t be – like budgeting FFS! Haha. I used to be the girl who’d spend a pay check 24 hours after it was deposited into my bank account! Now I’ve become really into watching how and where it is going. Strange. But when I thought about it and the other things in my life lately, I’ve come to the realisation that perhaps I’m simply growing up. Becoming more of an adult. And this is a scary thought for someone who never wanted to grow up! But it just sneaks up on you. And it’s not a bad thing. It’s a part of life! Doesn’t mean I’m going to take up knitting and start going to bed at 7PM. Just means I’m starting to realise what is and isn’t important to me right now. And that certain things make me happier than other things.
Here are a few things making me happy right now…
1. Drinking multiple cups of herbal or fruit tea (daily) made in my new tea plunger. My current favourite is T2 Detox Tea.
2. Starting my morning with a glass of fresh lemon water. It’s a pick me up, that is for sure.
3. Spending time with friends who bring me up… and make me laugh.
4. The new season of Wentworth. No explaining necessary.
5. My new job – I feel like I’m learning something new every single shift and I like having more responsibility.
6. Reading in the sunshine. I’m currently reading Mastering Your Inner Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini. It’s brilliant and I’m learning a lot. Plus it’s full of beautiful affirmations filled with positivity, and you know how much I love a good quote.
7. Our home. It’s really coming together and seeing E so excited about the multiple DIY projects makes me so happy.
8. Picking flowers from our garden and displaying them around our house. There is nothing better than seeing something grow right in front of you.
9. Sticking to my skincare regime. Happy skin = happy Em.
10. Spending time in the kitchen creating new recipes. It’s a wonderful feeling when you create something that tastes damn amazing. This recipe by Jamie Oliver also went down really well this week.
So if the blog schedule is a little up and down lately, just know I’m either drinking tea, focusing on me or cooking up a storm. Sometimes you need to regroup, refocus and do what is best for you. Don’t worry I’ll be around!
What makes you happy?